HCG Patch

Monday, August 30, 2010

HCG Diet Phase 4 Day 2

Hey.. steak day works to keep my weight down well.

I'm going to make a huge attempt to stay away from white starchy carbs and processed sugar.  So no more white rice, only brown or wild rice.  No more white bread, only whole grain breads.  I might have a bit of potato occassionally, but I'm planning on doing two things.  First, take a carbblocker of which I've selected Cheaters Relief by BSN.  Secondly, take digestive enzymes with every meal.  I've been taking a digestive enzyme at dinner time, but I've decided to switch brands and take one with each meal.  I've selected Digest More Ultra by Renew Life.

Lastly and what I think may prove to be very important. On meals that I plan on having starchy carbs, I will reduce or eliminate the amount of fat in that meal and perhaps in entire day. I believe from all my reading about this diet that you can't have it all ways. You can have high protein and high fats, provided they are good fats. You can have high protein and high carbs. You CANNOT have high fats and high carbs in the same mix. The carbs will win out every time and be used for energy while the fats... well.. they become fat!

Breakfast - (166 calories)
1 container Fage 2% Greek yogurt
40 grams strawberries
stevia to taste
10 oz coffee
1 tbsp half & half

Lunch - (293 calories)
*Coleslaw salad
140 grams Angel Hair cole slaw cabbage
80 grams kosher baby dill pickle, sliced
80 grams giardiniera, diced
3 tbsp Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch dressing
106 grams Foster Farms hickory smoked turkey breast, diced

Afternoon snack - (35 calories)
3 Mary's Gone Crackers, Original Seed Crackers

**This is to see how I might handle some brown rice carbs in a cracker form. I have bought golden flax meal in order to make flax crackers, but ran across the Mary's brand and thought I'd see how I did.  Also note that a serving is way more than 3 crackers, but I didn't want to push my luck.

Dinner - (788 calories)
13.45 oz (raw weight) beef chuck steak thin sliced, sauted
12 oz broccoli/cauliflower mix in a steamable bag
3 tbsp Briann's Real French Vinaigrette
1.5 tbsp capers

Can you tell I like to use thin sliced meats?  They saute up so quickly.
I microwaved the broccoli/ cauliflower in less time than the package recommended so they were mushy.  I used the vinaigrette and capers on the veggies.


Evening snack - (344 calories)
*Salad with blue cheese
300 grams iceberg lettuce
31 grams reduced fat blue cheese crumbles
3 tbsp Brianna's Real French Vinaigrett
120 grams kosher baby dill pickle, sliced

Total calories for the day 1,626

No comments:

Post a Comment