HCG Patch

Sunday, August 22, 2010

HCG Diet Phase 3 Day 15

Really getting the hang of this maintenance down.  2 weeks over and 1 to go before I start adding (gulp) sugars and starches.  Even after a middle of the night dinner with alcohol, I was just a few tens of a pound over where I've been hovering.  I loved my late night Ukranian Joe so much I had something similar for breakfast


Breakfast - (537 calories)
*steak and mushroom scramble
1 large egg
1/2 cup eggbeaters
1 tbsp margarine
108 grams tri tip beef steak (leftover from steak day), diced
100 grams baby portobello mushrooms
35 grams green onion, chopped
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tsp worchestershire sauce
10 oz coffee
1 tbsp half & half

Saute the mushrooms in margarine and worchestershire until soft, add the steak and stir for a moment, then add the eggbeaters/egg mixture and let sit until starting to get firm then start flipping or scrambling.  Top with green onion and sour cream. 

** I've begun using an eggbeaters and egg combination to lower the cholesterol and total calories a bit.  I just can't see having 2 or 3 large eggs several days each week.


Afternoon Snack - (211 calories)
200 grams napa cabbage, chopped
50 grams onion, chopped
3 tbsp Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 tsp Johnny's Salad Elegance
50 grams strawberries
1 oz Tillamook Vintage White Cheddar
1 oz Oscar Mayer Ham
squirt of mustard

I sort of grazed this afternoon because I got home too late for lunch and too early for dinner.  The cabbage and onion became a salad.  I also had some strawberries and a piece of cheese wrapped in ham with mustard


Dinner - (538 calories)
*Lemon Picatta Veal with a cucumber/celery salad
250 grams Superior Farms thin sliced veal
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp capers
Montreal steak seasoning to taste
350 grams cucumber, chopped
65 grams green onion, chopped
65 grams celery, chopped
7 rings of banana peppers
3 tbsp Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette
7 rings of banana peppers

Saute the veal in olive oil briefly then add lemon juice and capers and reduce.  Cook until veal is done adding water as needed.   Toss the cucumber, celery, green onions, and banana peppers with the dressing for a salad.

Total calories for the day 1,286.  I know I'm missing a meal here so the calories are lower than they had been.  This was also a fairly low fat day compared to what I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment