HCG Patch

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

R2 VLCD Day 30

Weight - 170.8

I still have 1.6 lbs to go to get back down to my lowest so far this round.  I realized yesterday that I've not had asparagus in either round.  I made sure to grab some for dinner tonight and roasted it in the oven.

Breakfast
Coffee with liquid stevia

Throughout the day
Chocolate yerba mate tea


Lunch - (176 calories)
120 g chicken breast (raw weight), baked
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp Frank's Original Redhot Sauce
320 g tomato
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Dinner - (206 calories)
**Thin sliced round steak in caper pan sauce with roasted asparagus
130 g beef bottom round steak (raw weight) thin sliced
Mrs Dash Steak Seasoning
1/4 c water
1 tbsp capers
215 g asparagus
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp minced garlic
sea salt and pepper to taste

I batch cooked the bottom round and made three servings.  Season steak. Place steak in a grill pan on medium high heat.  It cooks fast because it's thin sliced.  Turn after a couple of minutes and pour water in the pan to finish without drying out the meat.  Remove from pan when done.  Add additional water to pan if needed and using a spatula scrape the browned bits off the pan into the juice.  Add capers and reduce.  Pour over meat

Roasted Asparagus
Preheat oven to 400 degreesF.  Cut or break off woody ends of asparagus.  Place in baking dish and cover with lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper.  Toss around a bit, then bake for 20 minutes or until they are the way you want them.  I like the tips on my to be a bit dried out.



Total calories for the day 382
Daily Calorie Composition: 17% from carbs, 15% from fat and 68% from protein.

2 comments:

  1. I love your phase 2 meals- they are so much more exciting than mine have ever been! I didn't realize I was allowed some of the extras like Mustard etc. When I start back on my next round I'm definitely going to have to reread your recipes to get some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete