HCG Patch

Thursday, December 30, 2010

R2P3 Day 7

Weight - 159.6

One third of the way into Round 2 Phase 3 and I've yet to waiver outside of the two lb range.  Very very odd compared to round one.  Not that I want to be having to do steak days or anything.  Heck.. I love steak, but I like breakfast and lunch too.  In fact, I had a luscious steak for dinner tonight.  A client sent a care package from Omaha Steaks, and I decided to make the two 5 ounce sirloins tonight for dinner.

My younger son's girlfriend arrived for a two week visit.  She brought me one of my favorite Tequilas, Casa Noble Crystal.  I will definitely be testing the waters with the sugar alcohols tomorrow night.

Before HCG, I was a big time Crystal Light drinker.  Mostly drinking the iced tea and lemonade flavors.  At the end of round 1, I started drinking some ocassionally, but soon discovered that it was entirely two sweet for my after-hcg tastes.  I use the single serve packages and normally put 2 packets in a liter bottle.  I found that using one packet toned it down enough for me.   Well, I had forgotten this and made myself a 20 oz bottle today and about gagged from the sweetness.  Then it dawned on me..  water it down.. water it down.

Breakfast - (189 calories)
2 cups coffee with 1 tbsp half & half each
1 7 oz container Fage 2% greek yogurt
50 g raspberries
chocolate stevia to taste

Lunch - (281 calories)
**Spinach salad with chicken
84 g cooked weight Kirkland Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
100 g baby spinach
30 g onion
28 g gorgonzola cheese crumbles
4 tbsp Marie's Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing

Dinner - (1,059 calories)  **Really?!  It's the oil and butter...
**Sirloin Steak with mushroom/onion/gorgonzola topper
10 oz Omaha Steak Sirloin Steaks
100 g onion
140 g mushrooms
50 g gorgonzola cheese
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic

This dinner was to die for.  I preheated the broiler to 450 degrees F.  Placed an oven safe skillet on medium high heat on the stovetop.  Brushed the steak with olive oil and my favorite steak seasonings.  Placed the steaks in the skillet, browning for 2 minutes then turning and placing the skillet under the broiler until done to my liking (medium for me). Remove from the oven and let rest for several minutes.

While the steak was cooking, I heated the butter and garlic in a small saute pan until bubbling then added the mushrooms and onions.  Saute until softened and the onions are somewhat translucent.  Top the steak with mixture and sprinkle cheese over it.



Total Calories for the day - 1,529
Daily Calorie Composition: 10% from carbs, 59% from fat and 31% from protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment