HCG Patch

Sunday, October 3, 2010

HCG Diet Phase 4 Day 36

Weight - 184.2

Only up .4 lbs and still well below my LDW of 187.  Not bad after white carb, higher than normal fats, and alcohol.

Breakfast - (371 calories)
Ham, feta, and veggie omelette
1 egg
1/2 cup eggbeaters
.64 g Oscar Mayer fat free smoked ham
60 g onion
60 g mushroom
60 g bell pepper
1.5 tsp light margarine
30 g feta cheese
10 oz coffee
1 tbsp half & half


Lunch - (142 calories)
Starbucks venti coffee & turkey with dijon mustard
14 oz coffee
2 tbsp half & half
92 g Foster Farms Hickory Smokey Turkey breast
1 tbsp dijon mustard


Dinner - (776 calories)
Family dinner night - Stew beef & rice
 * amounts given are for 1 serving, recipe is a family size
200 g (cooked weight) beef stew meat
2 tbsp hickory & brown sugar barbeque sauce
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
1.5 servings (.5 c dry) Rice Select Texmati White, Brown & Red Rice
.5 c beef broth
.25 c water
5 oz 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon

Stew beef and rice is something I make as a family dinner from time to time.  It's a stick to your ribs meal.  The family gets jasmine white rice done in the rice cooker.  I chose a rice blend for myself.  The stew beef is something that never comes out exactly the same way twice but it's always good.



For 4 adults I start with about 4 lbs of stew beef (there are alway leftovers).  Braise stew beef meat at medium high heat in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot that has a lid.  I use my Lodge Enamel Cast Iron Dutch Oven because I can use it on the stove top or in the oven.  It's great for clean up too.  The enamel interior requires little scrubbing even when food is baked on.  Once the meat is mostly brown on the outside, add water to cover, Montreal steak seasoning to taste (easily 1 tbsp), 4 tbsp worcestershire sauce.  Now at this point you can cover it and simmer it on the stove for 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding liquid to keep it covered or you can put it in a 350 degreeF oven with the lid on for the same amount of time, checking it and adding water as needed.  About halfway into the cooking time, I add a bottle of whatever barbeque sauce I have leftover in the refrigerator.  I usually have parts of several so I can get rid of them all or just open a new one and use the entire thing.  If at the end of cooking time, the liquid seems too thin, leave the lid off and let it reduce.

My family makes a bowl of rice (often with butter) then covers it with some meet and the sauce.  I used the rice blend with no butter, measured out just the cooked meat so I knew how much I had and laddled on a bit of the sauce.  BTW the rice cooker that I just love is a Zojirushi 5.5 cup Neuro Fuzzy Logic Rice Cooker.  I've had this cooker for a couple of years and it's pretty much set it and forget it.  They also make a 3 cup rice cooker for smaller families.

Total Calories for the day 1,289.
Daily Calorie Composition: 29% from carbs, 29% from fat and 42% from protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment